Thursday, March 11, 2021

Sixty-two:

62

The first book I read cover to cover was “The Little Prince.”

The second book I read cover to cover was “Lust for life.”

I was precocious to say the least. In grade school I had to 

do a presentation book report. I did it on “Vincent van Gogh.” 

I remember spending hours molding a lifelike ear from red 

modeling clay. I wrapped my head in bandage and wore 

my mom’s painting smock all covered in Grumbacher and 

Windsor Newton. It was my first moment “on stage”. 

I worried and fretted for weeks. On the big day Mr. Nicolas 

showed up with an 8 millimeter movie camera and recorded 

every speech. For all my worry I got an A and more than 

one “Ewww!” from the girls when they looked at the ear. 

Weeks later Mr Nicolas played a silent movie of our readings.

I looked like Charlie Chaplin. What was I worried about?


Markle~

10March2021


No comments:

Post a Comment