Monday, October 12, 2020

Twenty-Two

22

My older brothers built the best tree forts. Not because 

they did but because they were my older brothers. 

Doesn’t every younger brother idolize their older brothers?

Everything they did was always one step beyond our

abilities; my younger brother and me. Accept dyeing.

Well, maybe they did that better than us, who knows?

We haven’t died so there’s no comparison, yet.  

Our older brothers built two platforms high up

by shimmying separate sections of the trees,

at first attaching the boards with knots they learned in 

Boy Scouts, then securing them later with spikes. I think 

they did it just to string an Otis Elevator cable that they 

got from my brothers future father in-law. I remember 

the sound of the wind past my ears. It was like death.


11October2020

Markle~

No comments:

Post a Comment