Saturday, October 3, 2020

Sixteen.

16

“Weeds flourish in the same soil as flowers and grow 

twice as fast.” My mom used to say. She wasn’t a nugget 

of wisdom kinda mom. But nuggets happened none the 

less. Mom was born on Oct. 3rd 1925. Would have been 

95 this year. I’m kinda glad she’s not here to witness 2020. 

I’m really not sure what she would think. I’m afraid fear would 

paralyze her. Make her do things that in youth wouldn't have 

phased her. In the end, after a lifetime, small tragedies seemed 

to wear her down. Death scared her. Seemed to grow in the 

same soil as happiness. When her body broke down and trapped 

her brilliant mind I watched her concentrate on attained skills: 

Genus: Species: Characterization: Classification. On her last day,

as I moved her wheelchair through the garden, she pointed 

past her lilies and said defiantly: “Weeds.”


Markle~

02Octobet2020

No comments:

Post a Comment