Wednesday, October 7, 2020

Nineteen.

19

I wake up to the sound of the dog barking muffled in his sleep. 

Perhaps I will do nothing today, like it is my job. Because it is. 

But it’s not. It’s not my true job. My true work. I have always 

believed that my true worth became evident when I created. 

When I make. Perhaps I am the muse of my own history. Perhaps 

of ours. Of yours? What is the dignity of risk? The value of self 

direction? I used to get the most enjoyment from doing for others. 

Always did. Preparing meals for others was essential. And creative! 

Food as sculpture, presentation, sensuous, taste, intimate. Food as 

art too!  I wake up to the sound of the dog being social in his sleep.

Much as he is when awake! How wonderful to be free of constraint!

Embody abandonment of inhibition! Be the dog today! Bark with joy

at strangers! Run in circles with your tail! Sing your history! Create

your direction. Risk your dignity!  Wag your tail like it is your job!


06October2020

Markle~

No comments:

Post a Comment